We use technology in our classroom. The students are welcome to use their calculators for everything. They are also required to use their calculators for specific topics. Everyone must have their own calculator because we do not have a classroom set. My class also uses clickers. However, we have not used them much.
My calculus class uses the computer lab. They have gone in there several times this semester to research mathematicians and make Prezi's. These have been really fun and interesting projects. These have also prepared them to make presentations and share with their peers in college. They really enjoy the break from the traditional classroom.
My action research is centered around motivation. My idea is that students become more motivated to work in a game-like setting. If we can make math fun, students will stay interested.
I'd love to see some of the projects that you guys made in the computer lab!
ReplyDeleteWhat games are you planning on looking at?
ReplyDeleteI also want to play more games in my classroom because I know my class would love to play more... I love your Mathcar racing idea. I'd like to have some more go-to games to play when we are reviewing and reteaching.
ReplyDeleteI think students really like to do anything that involves them leaving the classroom.
ReplyDelete