Monday, September 24, 2012

My class

My first period class is amazing. It is all seniors in CP Calculus, and there are only 9 of them in here. Since there are 9 students and two teachers (my mentor and I), everyone stands a very fair chance of understanding the material and receiving help. My students are also very cooperative. I assign them to groups and they work with whoever with no complaints. This is great. We played a review game and everyone honestly worked together and helped each other. This made me so happy. There are a few students that have made A's on everything. There is only one student who is a bit of an underachiever and one other student who constantly falls behind. However, with our help and the help of her peers, this student is able to catch up.

6 comments:

  1. I love that you get such a small class. I can only imagine what it would be like to be able to help every student, all the time. Are these small classes typical at your school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calculus is a good class to have only 9 students since there are a lot of concepts that are very new to them. Do other calculus classes have as few students as yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 9 seems so small, but in a good way! I am used wrangling 28 in my Geometry class everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a dream class -- anything that you and mentor teacher do in particular for more "challenging" classes that need some group/community development?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hear you talk about your finite class. Do you help out with AP alot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which subject do you enjoy teaching more or would rather teach?

    ReplyDelete